ZGF Scholarship Fund
ZGF Scholarship in partnership with The Oregon Community Foundation
Established in 2004, in memory of ZGF founding partner Norm Zimmer, the ZGF scholarship exemplifies Norm’s spirit and devotion to design, community, and life-long learning. With this guiding ethos in mind, each year one student is selected to receive $10,000 for university tuition and fees, and a paid internship with ZGF.
ZGF is committed to supporting the next generation of designers and we encourage all interested applicants across architectural, interior, urban, or landscape design to apply. We are looking for students who display a commitment to their craft and a dedication to personal development in their chosen field.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled in an architecture (NAAB), interior design (CIDA), urban planning and design (PAB), or landscape architecture (LAAB) program in the United States.
- Beginning their final year in an accredited program in the fall of 2019
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
ZGF Architects is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we encourage under-represented minorities and women to apply for the scholarship.
ZGF Scholarship Details and Requirements
HOW TO APPLY
Current students enrolled in an architecture (NAAB), interior design (CIDA), urban planning and design (PAB), or landscape architecture (LAAB) program in the United States who will begin their final year in an accredited program in the fall of 2019. Valid graduation dates from your current program can include both winter (December) of 2019 or spring (April / May) of 2020.
Applications for the scholarship must be completed by 11 pm PST on February 1, 2019.
Complete the application and upload the following materials to our scholarship portal.
- Academic Portfolio
- Include five examples of academic design work (10 pages maximum submitted either through URL or PDF. 10MB maximum, if uploading a PDF).
- Work must be original. Group projects will not be considered.
- One-Page Essay
- Describe the design intent of the work shown in the portfolio submitted (1 page maximum).
- Letter of Recommendation
- Written by a faculty member with direct knowledge of your work, addressing your talent and passion for the field of architecture and design.
November 2018 – Scholarhsip portal opens
February 1, 2019 – Complete applications are due by 11pm PST
First week of March 2019 – Winner notified
Summer 2019 – Intership with ZGF Architects
Fall 2019 – Scholarship fund distributed to University to be applied toward tuition and fees
View past recipients’ portfolios by clicking on their names, below.
Stanislas Chaillou, Harvard University, Graduate School of Design, 2018 Recipient
- 2017Jihye Choe, University of Michigan
- 2016Graham Brindle, Yale School of Architecture
- 2015Lujac Desautel, California College of the Arts
- 2014Shifan Deng, University of California, Berkeley
- 2013Kyle Barker, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2012Anita Hsieh, Washington University, St. Louis
- 2011Amir Mikhaeil, Yale University
- 2010Jian Huang, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- 2009Riggs Skepnek, University of Pennsylvania
- 2008Annie Chan, University of Southern California
- 2008Gabriela Walter Caldera, University of Southern California
- 2007Li Junjie, University of California, Berkeley
- 2006Terri Moore, SCI-Arc
- 2005Agnessa Todorova, California College of the Arts
- 2004 David Hamilton, University of Virginia
For any inquiries or questions regarding scholarships, please contact us.