Design Architect – Vancouver, BC
At ZGF Cotter, our ability to deliver design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative people, committed to quality design, project performance, innovation and professional growth within a team environment.
As we grow we are seeking self-directed design architects committed to high quality design and sustainable practices. Successful candidates will be versed in current industry trends and illustrate design excellence on past projects. The portfolio of work should represent individual design voice, illustrating capabilities and individual contributions to each project.
• Licensed Architect in BC, or eligible for registration. 5 – 10 years’ experience preferred.
• Master’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent required. LEED certification an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Provide design leadership throughout all phases of projects to project team(s) respecting budget and scheduling constraints
• Thorough broad knowledge of design, planning, and technical design skills to develop concepts into design solutions as well as have the graphic and verbal skills to communicate design and planning concepts to clients, colleagues and consultants
• Ability to apply sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices in a broad array of assignments and related fields
• Extensive technical design skills, including the ability to develop concepts and generate solutions in design development through construction administration of a project
• Prepare work plans and schedules for the design process, and coordinate schedule with project manager
• Responsible for the content and quality of the issued documents to meet the design intent of the project
• Knowledge of requirements relating to a variety of building types
• Foster an environment of learning and development; consult with other teams/experts regarding design, unusual complexities and developments, and share best practices
• Proficient in the following software: REVIT, Adobe Suite, Sketchup, Rhino, 3D Max, etc.
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to Apply Online posting resume and portfolio.
No agencies or phone calls, please.