Project Manager, Vancouver, BC
At ZGF Cotter, our ability to deliver design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative people, committed to quality design, project performance, innovation and professional growth within a team environment.
As we grow we are seeking self-directed project managers with excellent communication and technical skills. Successful candidates will be responsible for feasibility studies, budget cost estimates, planning, design, and procurement, managing and mentoring team members from concept design through construction administration, and project management involving the coordination of consultants, contractors, various city departments, and other authorities to meet the needs of the client.
• Licensed Architect in BC, or eligible for registration with 5 – 10 years’ experience preferred; Experience with complex multi-phase higher education, residential, healthcare and / or commercial development projects, is desired.
• Master’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent required. Project Management training/certificate such as a PMP designation would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Leadership knowledge and organizational expertise
• Knowledge of higher education/residential/healthcare/commercial building design, sustainable building design, and construction practices
• Ability to review, analyze and effectively critique building plans, specifications and contract documents
• Knowledge of contract administration and site experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, clients, consultants, and contractors
• Ability to manage project teams from concept design through construction
• A deep understanding of building, zoning, energy codes, municipal bylaws, permit practices, and other regulatory requirements
• Ability to analyze complex situations, determine appropriate courses of action and prepare reports related to the same for discussion
• Results-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with tight time lines
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to Apply Online posting resume and portfolio.
No agencies or phone calls, please.